Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Valentine's Day in Granada

Hi guys!


Today I'll share with you my experience of Granada!! There I celebrated the Valentine's day with my boyfriend. We stayed in a nice hotel which is located in the downtown. There we spent 3 days and we had enough time to visit almost every places. The experience was very nice. I really needed "to escape" from the routine days and to breathe some fresh air :D

So, I'll upload some Granada trip's photos and I'll explain us a little about the places where I've been. 

Well,  as you see, we were about to enter in Granada ... I still remember how exciting it was... 



In this picture you can see the statue of Christopher Columbus and Queen Isabella the Catholic.



There is a photo of us in the... I think... it was the Blanco store.




The second day we went to visit the famous ALHAMBRA.


There are some pictures from Granada. As you could see, the view was perfect. We were sitting on the top of the Citysightseeing Bus. He-he-he





I was very impressed by the detailed architecture of the building which contains scripts form the Koran. 
I admit I always wanted to visit Granada. In the high school I studied art history and one of the topics was The Islam. I really loved this topic. The history of the Spaniards when they were under Muslim occupation was very interesting for me. 
So, I knew that one day I'll go there. 


Very interesting and pretty... isn't it?




One of the things I wanted to visit was the Court of the Lions: a unique example of Muslim art. 


Here you have a photo of me with the view of the courtyard called the pool of Comares. 
Despite the brightness of the sun, it was very cold. 



   

Acequia Courtyard Fountains









A picture in the "Palacio de Generalife" (Architect's garden). 

A bit of history: The present-day gardens were started in 1931 and completed by Francisco Prieto Moreno in 1951. The walkways are paved in traditional Granadian style with a mosaic of pebbles: white ones form the River Darro and black ones from the river Genil. The Generalife is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Granada, along with the Alhambra palace and gardens and the Albayzín district. 


So, I think these are the photos of the most important places to visit in Alhambra and The Generalife palace.


Now, we're going to the snow!!! Yupi:)

   The SIERRA NEVADA, a splendid landscape from my point of view. What about from yours? Do you like it? I hope so...






It's a shame that we only enjoyed the snow for a few hours...


















I will come back with Granada Part 2.. hahaha
See you soon, sweet dreams everybody, don't forget to wash your teeth!









No comments:

Post a Comment